Don’t waste time during an emergency! Here’s how you’ll know a visit to the ER is in order.
A trip to the emergency room isn’t a lot of fun. Wait times can get long. You’re surrounded by people in pain. Your medical bill may be a little more than you’d like. But sometimes, going to the ER is exactly what you need to do. Can’t decide whether your current situation warrants immediate care, or if you can wait until your own doctor available? Ask yourself these questions.
- Could my symptoms be related to a heart attack? If you are experiencing chest pains, shortness of breath, or other warning signs of a heat attack, call 911 right away.
- Could my symptoms be related to a stroke? The most common warning signs are numbness, weakness, or paralysis on one side of the body or face. Stroke patients may also experience a sudden and severe headache, unexplained confusion, garbled speech, or difficulty walking.
- Am I losing a lot of blood? Uncontrollable bleeding requires medical care ASAP.
- Do I feel like my life could be at an immediate risk? Don’t take any chances if your instincts are telling you something is seriously wrong.
- How bad is the pain? If the pain is unbearable, it’s better to seek medical attention now rather than later.
- How quickly are the symptoms escalating? If your condition is progressing quickly, don’t wait it out.
- Has your doctor made a recommendation? if you can get ahold of your primary physician, he may have advice on what you should do. Don’t ignore instructions to get to an ER.
You can trust us in an emergency! Whether you are experiencing chest pains, signs of a stroke, or a severe injury, you can count on us for efficient, expert care. Learn more about the emergency services we offer at Medical Center of Lewisville by visiting us online.